Sunday, April 10, 2011

Storms and Taxes

Well, we got to experience our first tornado warnings of the season here in Mason City.  Pretty exciting stuff.  Fortunately, things calmed down real quick but it was pretty touch and go there for a bit.

We finished our taxes this weekend and it only looks like we owe a little bit to the state government this year.  Although it was the first time we did E-file and apparently we didn't fill out everything correctly at first.  But they let us know and we have since then fixed the problem.  We'll be seeing some money back from the Federal Government so that'll be nice. 

On the writing front, I'm avidly working away at my second novel.  In the meantime, I'm still editing my first novel to submit it to a writing contest in July.  I need some cover art for it so I'm racking my brain on what I should do for that.  I wish I had Adobe Photo Shop or Illustrator.

Otherwise, it's the same old, same old.  Oh and here's a picture from my wife.  She's got a thing for Water Towers so I thought this would be nice to share.  We don't have any pictures from the storm thus far but I'm sure we'll have plenty later on. 

2 comments:

  1. Get Gimp! It's free and open source. Another decent one with a less steep learning curve is paint.net.

    Good luck on the cover art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, Bill. I looked at both and paint.net does seem more my style. I'm gonna mess around with them this weekend and see what I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete