Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Four pages a day

I recently read Stephen King's "On Writing" and I think that book singlehandedly pushed me to become a practicing writer.  One of his "assignments" is to write two thousand words a day (or roughly four pages typed, single-spaced).   So I have a ton of writing and some of it is good (some of it is not so good).  I've tried to keep at that pace every day (taking only Fridays and Saturdays off to spend time with my wife). 

I'm hoping that eventually it won't feel like such a chore and turn into more of a delight.  Don't get me wrong there are days that the words just come flowing out of my finger tips.  And then there's days that it's like drawing blood from a stone. 

Anyway, if you ever get a chance, pick up that book and give it a read.  It's a page turner.

Stephen King "On Writing"  

No comments:

Post a Comment