Friday, October 19, 2012

A Perfect Evening

Once upon a time, the perfect evening involved going out to a fancy restaurant - wining and dining.  Maybe going to see a movie at the theater.  Maybe meeting friends at a bar and drinking too much beer while listening to loud, obnoxious music.  But sometimes the perfect evening can be something much more simple.

Example?  For our anniversary, my wife got me my very own copy of Kung Fu Panda 2.  I know, it's a kids movie but for anyone who knows me...you know I'm a kid at heart.  I loved the first and I love this one.  Now, the movie would typically be enough for me but my wife went one step further.  She had the brilliant idea to order Chinese food and eat it while we watched the two movies.  How cool is that?

So there we were enjoying our own noodles while Po talked about having the noodle dream (even though deep down he was really dreaming about kung fu).  Later on I was smiling and laughing like a buffoon as I watched his crazy antics and when I looked over to see if my wife was having a good time, I found her asleep.  This is not uncommon for her especially on a Friday night but I just smiled to myself and thought, "This is bliss.  This is a perfect evening."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment