Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Light At The End

So, I've begun the final revisions of my novel.  I have to admit they're going very well.  It's kinda scary how well it's going.  I mean, it's only scary because I'm afraid I'm going to come across some major error that I simply cannot fix.  Maybe that's a bit extreme but it's my fear nonetheless. 

Or maybe it's karma that things are going well...

I've recently hit some big road bumps in my aspirations to becoming a working writer.  Three rejection letters from three different magazines.  I didn't even get an honorable mention in the short story contest I entered (a subject that is still a little sore for me...I must admit).  But, I'm still waiting on news from two other writing contests and a multitude of other 'zines so keep your fingers crossed!

Otherwise, I think things are going fairly well.  I'm not giving up...that's for damn sure.

Here's some pictures I've drawn from my story, not sure if I'll include them in the novel but I think they're "alright". 





Oh, I also saw something very funny on Tosh.o tonight.  Here's the link and I'll just tell you that I knew this guy (briefly) from when I worked at the NBC station in Medford.  He's a good reporter (and, apparently) a good sport too.

Reporter Can't Break Car Window

No comments:

Post a Comment