Saturday, January 9, 2016

Blast From The Past

I was talking to a co-worker towards the end of work yesterday and he said he saw my book when he was over at a friend's house.  I was a little confused especially when he said it was a science fiction book.  I said that I only had a vampire book out at the moment and then it suddenly dawned on me.  So I asked him to describe the cover and his description was of the first anthology I was published in.  

It made me laugh and cringe a little.  It's not that I'm ashamed of the story I wrote for it, but the people who published it did not do much editing (if any at all) or proofreading so it's a little embarrassing because of that fact.  Any writer worth his salt knows that editing is just as important as the actual writing.  That's probably why talented editors can make a nice living if they are at the height of their craft.

Either way, it was nice to know that some random person in St. Louis had a copy of a book that I was published in and what a coincidence that a co-worker of mine would notice it while paying his friend a visit.




No comments:

Post a Comment