Thursday, July 26, 2012

Back To Writing

I recently took an unexpected break from writing.  I mean, I knew I would get back to it eventually.  It's kind of like riding a bike...no, that's too cliché.  It's like finding yourself a little lost in the woods on a pleasant summer day.  You have an idea of where home lies, but you're in no hurry to go back just yet.  So you take your time, wandering past the streams and forest creatures chittering from the tree tops.  The beams of sunlight cutting through the canopy above.  The smell of earth and pine needles in your nostrils and the pleasant taste of fresh air on your lips.  I think that about sums up how I've felt.  Maybe I needed some time to do some soul searching, who knows? But, in the past few days, I realized that I found my way home again.

We'll see how long I stay before I get that urge to wander off, but I do know that every time I leave...I come back feeling a little more at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment